Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We Have a Winner!

The winner of the estimation game is.... Julie! There were lots of estimates but Julie was closest. I am happy to say that she was off as well. We actually had $530.86 in there! Since we turned it into an Amazon.com giftcard we didn't even pay a commission. We will probably use the money to order the carseats for the kids and a few other things. One less thing to think about financially. I already bought a back up battery for our camera with it too! So congratulations Julie! I wish I had some sort of prize to give you. :) If you haven't seen Julie's blog you can check her out at www.hinshawhappenings.blogspot.com . She and her family returned about 6 weeks ago from Ukraine with their daughter, Halle Grace. Halle Grace is adorable and could be a poster child for Ukraine adoption. She is a good girl and is adjusting seamlessly to life with her family. God is so good. :)

We are counting down the days until we leave. I finish teaching next week. I only have four days left of teaching and I don't think there is actually any teaching going on between now and then. Tomorrow my first graders have two performance of their play, The Magic Treehouse. It is so fun! Then Friday is Field Day (what could be more fun then spending the morning outside in a heat wave! It is supposed to be in the high 90's and humid!) Monday is a read-in where the kids read and listen to stories. And Tuesday is our end of the year party. I have to get their report cards done and clean up the room and that is about it. The time has flown by! I have so much to do this weekend and we are also spending lots of time with friends to celebrate one of our last weekends before kids. There are sticky notes and lists all over the place of things we need to arrange, buy, pack, take care of, etc. The guest bed has all kinds of things on it that I don't want to forget to pack. The bedrooms for the kids have been painted in colors that match the bedding we like for boys and/or girls. Someone is coming out to measure for crown molding for the bedrooms in a couple days!

We will make the blog private in probably about a week. I have lots of requests for people who want to be added. I can add 100 people. Family and friends will be added first and then all of you blogger friends will be added. There should be room for everyone. Thank you for all your requests. We feel blessed to have so many people who want to follow our journey. Please pray for us as we head into this last preparation phase. Also pray for our SDA appointment to go well and that our children's hearts are being prepared to accept the love of a family. :)

8 comments:

Admin said...

Aaaaahhhh, I guess you didn't get my last comment... Oh, yeah, I guessed $500. So I guess I'm the REAL winner. Sorry Julie. LOL! :) Anyways, I am so excited for you! It sounds like you are tying up all of those loose ends and are just about ready to go! It made me laugh when you mentioned your spare bed because I did the exact same thing. By the time we packed it was overflowing with stuff! I don't know how it all fit into the suitcases, but it did. :) I don't know if I have asked yet, but I would also love to be in on your private blog. I just can't wait to follow your journey over there!! I miss Ukraine so much!!! You will have to find one of those coffee machines they have outside of the grocery stores and have a Harachee Chacolat (Hot Cocoa) for me. It's the one that starts with an upside down capital "L"... YUM!!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

It's almost here - so excited for you guys!!! I pray that all will go well as you finalize your preparations for travel.

ArtworkByRuth said...

Forgot to remind you that friends and family can text message you for free from their computer to your Ukrainian cell phone if you get one, at http://www.kyivstar.net/en/sms/

Julie said...

I am so honored to be the winner! There are so many people to thank, I don't know where to start! :)

I am so excited for you guys! I still am in awe of the way the Lord blessed our family with Halle Grace. I can't wait to see you and Kevin experience your own little miracle(s)!
Julie

junglemama said...

I'm so excited for you guys. Bring lots of little trinket type toys for the kids to break the ice.
Can you please add me when your blog goes private?

Vince , Shelly and Maddie said...

Please add us to the list! Wishing you a lot of luck on your journey and hoping we get to do the same soon!

Jewel said...

KRISTA!!!!!!
I just had you on my heart and hadn't looked at your blog in a while... I read all the past blog posts from the last like 4 months and I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! God is so good!! Your journey has been so amazing to follow... I can't believe I looked on here just days before you leave! I will be praying for you so much while you are gone... Please put me on the list... I would love to share in this adventure with you! You guys are going to be wonderful parents... Can't wait to "meet" your new little additions!! :) We love you guys!!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Did I already ask? I thought I did, but don't see my comment. So if not, I'd love to be on your private blog :) Can't wait to see the blessings that God has in store for you!!