Sunday, June 15, 2008

We Are Here!

We just arrived about a half an hour ago. We are staying at an apartment in downtown Kiev. We made it though customs with no issues at all, just took a long time.

We pretty much just went straight to bed but I decided to get out the computer and see if the Internet worked and apparently we have high speed Internet access here. :) Kevin is already asleep right next to me. I think I got more sleep over the last couple days. Tomorrow is a holiday here and we are going to do something fun (maybe go on a boat tour in the river) with our facilitator and his family. That should be nice and relaxing. Sounds perfect to us.

Our apartment is really pretty and old on the inside. The outside didn't even look like apartments to me, but it was dark when we arrived so I will check it out tomorrow. The elevator was so small we came up one at a time. Nicer than carrying our luggage up the stairs though. We are on the fourth floor. I think our bathtub is one of the biggest I have ever seen. I wasn't sure what to expect but the apartment we are renting with Kostya and his family is very comfortable. We will be here until probably Wednesday and then we will know where we need to travel.

Okay, better get some sleep.
:) Krista (and sleeping, but thankfully not snoring, Kevin)

5 comments:

Owens Family Blog said...

Thanks so much for the update, we are so glad to hear you are safe. We are praying for you. Have fun seeing the country. Andrea's parents are asking alot about you as well and keeping you in their thoughts. We love you guys.

Rob and Andrea

ArtworkByRuth said...

Happy landing on Father's Day in Kyiv! God Bless your journey!

junglemama said...

Glad to hear you made it okay. I've been told not to expect high-speed internet. :( Your blessed to have it.

Unknown said...

i hope that you are video blogging this as well! i can't wait to see it!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on making it to Kiev! You guys have been in my thoughts and will continue to be this week!