Now that we are private I will share a couple details I haven't shared yet on the blog. We are leaving Saturday afternoon, taking the red eye to Munich, spending the day in Munich, taking an evening flight to Kiev, and we will arrive very late that night. Monday is a buffer day in case we have any flight delays. If all goes well we should be able to spend the day touring Kiev. My facilitator told me Monday was a holiday so that should be fun. I will have to check what holiday it is. Then our appointment at the State Department for Adoptions is on Tuesday! We will hopefully got our referral then and if all goes as it usually does we will get to meet them on Wednesday or Thursday.
Please pray for:
Safe travel and good health. I tend to get sick when I get over tired so I am trying to rest up now because with the flights and time change I am sure our defenses will be down. Who knows what new germs we will come into contact with on the planes and in other countries. Also, our weather forecast is calling for scattered thunderstorms on Saturday.
A good referral at our appointment. The SDA often tries to show families very sick children first for some reason. The whole international adoption process in Ukraine is on a bit of shaky ground since the change of directors a couple months ago. We are praying for the choice of which referral to take to be obvious to us. We are open to some special needs but some others we would be uncomfortable with taking on.
A praise that Kevin's parents arrived safely last night. We had some really nasty weather for a few hours last night and we are glad that it quit just in time for them to land. They will be house sitting for us while we are away. :)