Monday, October 20, 2008

Life is Happening

I wanted to post a quick note to say that we are doing great, but are incredibly busy. I have so many calls to make, notes to write, emails to send, and projects going on around here that I haven't taken the time to blog in a while. I will try to update soon.

Last week my sweet Sophia went to the dentist to get her bottom row of teeth fixed. She had two white fillings put in her decaying permanent molars, two crowns put on two molars that she will have for a few more years, and two rotted baby teeth pulled. Poor thing! She still has to go back two more times to get the top done. Thankfully she won't have to get any more teeth "wiggled out." That might have been more traumatic for me than it was for her. I pretty much passed out. Imagine my horror as I was trying to comfort the recovering Sophia who just finished getting her teeth pulled and the hygienist had to take care of me instead of her. I won't go into detail but it ended with Kevin coming from work to get us. :( I do have to go back with Lily to get a tooth wiggled out and she is not as tough as Sophie is. God help us. The boys both have cavities to fill, but thankfully that is all. We have another appointment for shots this week. Our poor children probably think all we do here in America is poke and pull at them! Bless their hearts.

On a happy note their English is coming along beautifully! One of these days I will try to get my act together and post some video of them talking. Until then, I am off to do laundry, clean the kitchen, mop the floors, and all that good stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I was there I would help you mop! I know somehow together we could make it fun(: Tell the monkeys I love them!<3

Michelle said...

After reading your post, I am so glad we did Tetyana's teeth in the hospital! I would have fainted!!

I know what you mean about being poked and prodded by every doctor under the sun. Tetyana kept telling us she wasn't sick and didn't need shots!

I can't wait to hear them speak English. Can you believe how fast it comes?