Monday, October 6, 2008

Baking Banana Bread

Maybe I should call this one, "Look We're Baking and No One is Sitting on the Island!" ;)

A couple Friday nights ago we had no plans. My sister's flight was supposed to come in that evening but her first flight was so delayed that she missed her second flight and had to spend the night in Vegas. :( We had several over-ripe bananas (a rare occasion with my four monkeys in the house) and so I decided we would make banana bread. The kids loved squishing the bananas with their forks!




I taught them to play Candyland while the bread baked and they kept saying, "Smells goo-ed!" It did. This was one of our first cool days. It really felt like autumn. We have had several warm ones since then though.

We used this recipe. I had used it before and it is really good! Be sure to half it if you do not want banana bread coming out of your ears though! We didn't this time and we ended up with 2 big loaves and 4 mini loaves.

We delivered the four minis to our neighbors the next morning.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Mmmmmm....sounds good!

Michelle said...

mmmmm! I love banana bread. I bet Tetyana would love it also since she is a banana freak too! Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kevin and Krista,

My husband and I leave for Ukraine in just a few weeks and will also being using Kostya as our facilitator. We would love to talk to you if you wouldn't mind. We are also open to bringing home multiple siblings. My e-mail is rebamae4@aol.com. We really look forward to hearing from you!

Our best,

Rebecca and Randy