Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Christmas Whimsy

I love the whole Christmas season. There is nothing like cuddling up on the couch in tree lit room munching on wintery snacks with a warm drink. I hope my kids always remember those times too and feeling of importance and togetherness the whole season brings.



My decorating is pretty traditional Pottery Barn style. I do love a little whimsy added in here and there. The kids love the Santa's Village. My grandpa was a carpenter and had a big house he built and decorated with my grandma that had all the elves snacking on cookies and such. (At least that is how I remember it.) I would stare at that house for hours. Grandma and Grandpa's house was a very magical place for all us grandkids. There was always something cooking from scratch, whimsical decorations handmade by the two of them, and the coolest play house ever built to pretend in. This village reminds me of how I felt when I was a kid and I would go there to visit.




Julian's Christmas Lego Train

Some of my favorite ornaments:



My favorite childhood ornament.


Nothing is sweeter than a tree full of ornaments made with love and hung with pride.


Another of mine from when I was a kid.


One I remember hanging on our family tree when I was a kid.


One of my favorites that Kevin and I bought to decorate our tree the first year we were married.

1 comment:

DeanaMarie said...

Wow! I check each day to see if you have posted and YAY, you did! I love looking at your pics. Suddenly, I am hoping Christmas comes soon! :) I love the village and all of the sentimental parts of your Christmas celebration. The description of your grandparents house is so inviting.

What a blessing you are to your precious kids and hubby. And, I know beyond a doubt that they have blessed you one hundred fold in return. :)