Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy New Year!

We just got home on Sunday night from Florida. We were on a cruise the week before and played a little bit in Florida too. We stayed the first night in Orlando but only had a few hours there the next day so we just did Downtown Disney and not the Magic Kingdom. :( Boo! I love Disney and it is no fun to be so close, yet so far away.

On the adoption front, there is now a list at the SDA (State Department of Adoption...) that lists dates for families to turn in their dossiers. Our facilitator is there now finding out when our date is. The SDA will start to accept dossiers again in February. We are wishing, hoping, and praying for a February submission date because a March (or later) date will mean that we have more paperwork to update. I spent several days before and after Christmas working on updating paperwork and driving to and from Raleigh. In the meantime, things seem to be constantly changing (as always) in the world of international adoptions in Ukraine. As usual we are hoping the changes mean a better system for the orphans of Ukraine and the parents who want to adopt them. As long as more children will benefit, and the system is fair then I am happy.

I'll let you know when I find out about our date and paperwork. I will also post some vacation pictures as soon as I get them uploaded. I have taken an embarrassing amount of pictures since I got my new camera. It is so fun and quick!

No comments: