Sunday, August 26, 2007

I'm too excited to sleep...

Okay, it's an old Disneyland commercial and Kev and I say it all the time. But I really am. I don't sleep well anyway, or at least I have trouble getting to sleep. I start student-teaching tomorrow morning. It is the first day of school. I am going to work in 5th grade with a great teacher at a great school. I got to meet most of the kids and their parents on Friday and it is going to be a fun group!

I had a wonderful trip to California and got back last Tuesday. I would have stayed forever because I was having so much fun but I missed Kevin and I had to get back to start school. Trip highlights: a family dinner where we told crazy stories from our childhoods, eating a Balboa Bar (yum) and walking around the island with Jeff and Melissa, getting my nails done with my best friend Lelah (it was quite an experience where I had to ask the lady to redo my big toes after she painted bamboo shoots diagonally across them - yikes), going to Universal Studios with Jeff and Melissa, walking to coffee and the park with my SIL Maggie and my nephew Henry, the bonfire that turned into a pool party when Sarah and Gene rescued us by moving the party to their pool when the fire pits were all taken and the beach was packed, hanging out at Lelah's school with her, meeting the girls (including sweet baby Eleanor) for lunch and walking around the mall, having dinner at Mi Casa with my whole second family and having dessert and playing games at Lelah and Brandon's house, scaring Grant by showing him the picture of Emily on the trolley in SF, eating at Wahoo's twice, driving up to Lodi to hang out with The B's, driving down to SD to hang out with a friend and her cute kids, going to the orange balloon at the Great Park, and eating Rite Aid ice cream (mint chip and chocolate malted crunch). Okay, those are really just some of the highlights. It was a great trip! I can't believe that the next time I go back it will probably be with kids! (Possibly next year for my 10+1 high school reunion.) Did I forget to mention that my flight through Phoenix was late and I had to spend the night in a hotel room by myself? That was an experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no highlights that included me or Kev?!...whatev:)

Kevin and Krista said...

Hey, I never say this comment until today but you and Kev were at the family dinner, and the beach turned pool party. Hello! ;)

Kevin and Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.